Thursday, June 26, 2014

Day 3

I did manage to wake up this morning (Wednesday) at around 6:30, and I wasn't hurting too bad despite my 1 AM bed time.  If I may pull back the curtain a bit, the post I began at midnight this morning (last night?) wasn't finished until the train ride to Wrigley.  I'm a bit tired now, so the fatigued brain muscles I use for writing are going to make this one short and sweet.  Also, I want to post before midnight so that I don't have to rewrite the first sentence.

Two of our groups went to work at an organization called MAC, which is a distributor of donated food to senior homes.  The morning started off on the wrong foot when we temporarily thought there was a lost wallet-type-situation (with transit pass contained therein).  Thankfully, after a vigourous disheveling of his sleeping area, the unnamed party found his wallet in his sleeping bag.  Phew.

Two bus rides and a 10 block walk later, we found ourselves at a big warehouse.  I commented on the way in that it looked like something out of a Batman movie.  Turns out that the warehouse *was* a filming location for "Batman Begins!"  

From about 9:30 to 2, we packed and sealed a little over 700 care packages of food.  This included a brief half hour break for lunch.  The teamwork was excellent and everybody worked hard.

Then we went to a Cubs game.  It was awesome.  Here's a pic which includes a couple of dudes who photobombed us.  Good night!

-PJ

P.S. I originally hit the publish button for this post at 11:59 Chicago time on Wednesday, but alas it didn't make it across the "interweb" fast enough and it got time stamped as 12:00 Thursday.  This edit will probably give it a different timestamp.  So confusing.  I'm cooked. 




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. Hope you had a great day at the park.

    ReplyDelete